Pages


Thursday, February 18, 2010

Time flies by!

So as you can see, the time has flown by for us! It seems like just yesterday we were bringing Brady and Paige home from Grand Rapids. It has been good but oh my gosh so so hectic. Somedays I wonder how I thought that being home would be easy. Don't get me wrong I love being with the twins but it has only been recently that it has slowed down enough that we are actually home more than out and about. Today we got another break in that we have put off therapy for Paige for now. Of course not for good reasons but at least it makes it a little easier until we get to the point where it will actually make sense to go.

Surgery is our next BIG thing. We do not know much about this yet but what we do know is a little scary so far. Paige is definitely going to have the nissen procedure done as well as a G-tube put in. They may have to do more of a corrective surgery which would be much more invasive. They have found that her reflux is a step down from the highest level, which is considered massive reflux. So out of 10 she is a 9. NO WONDER!! But one of the reasons is the position of her stomach in her little body. It is not placed the way it should be and because of that there is the possibility of a more invasive surgery to correct the placement. I know she is in God's hands but it still doesn't make it any easier. I also am very grateful that they are having us come back to GR for the surgery. Convenient no, but much more reassuring. Here is where my brain is going into overload. The same way it did when they said Brady was coming home. All the scenarios are playing in my head but I can't see the ending. Patience is a virtue but God has not yet blessed me with that one! Maybe this is His funny way of showing me how to be patient.

"But they that WAIT upon the Lord shall renew their strength;they shall mount up with wings as eagles;they shall run, and not be weary;and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Guess that answers my question huh!

No comments:

Post a Comment