Pages


Thursday, January 14, 2010

Button bond!

So I watched Benjamin Button today for the first time.....yes I know I am very behind! O my tears galore!
Many of you know that it has been hard for me to realize that my angels are just that.....MINE.
I have looked at them and just thought It feels as if we adopted or I was just Babysitting. The lack of bonding from our NICU experience had left me a little disconnected. Love them yes but didn't feel like a mom yet. Since we have come home it has been getting alot better. I notice that when I leave both or even just one of them behind I am needing to cuddle with them. It just makes me feel better.
So anyways, back to why I started with the benjamin story. The part in this movie were he makes the decision to leave his little girl behind. I cried cried cried. I was holding Brady at the time and just completly felt the fear of ever having to leave him behind and never seeing them again. UGH first major "MOM" moment.
Loving that I have these moments now but goodness this part is going to suck. From the girl who laughed at the Titanic( cause it was just so cheesey) To the Mother who cries at A baby story to a commercial.
So the mommy bond starts.........Here goes nothing!

2 comments:

  1. From a fellow friend in the NICU...because you know me so well, I feel its only appropriate for me to laugh. I hope that doesnt offend you, but reading what you wrote about the Titanic made me crack up out loud. You...and your adorable husband (please tell Kit that Jeff thinks he's adorable :) are some of the awesomest parents we've ever seen. MISS YOU GUYS, AND REALLY MISS THE CHEEKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, the mommy moments are just begining! They don't seem to have an end. They can pop up at the most unusual moments often causing tears and needing lots of hugs, kisses, and prayers to subside them. They can make you feel like an emotional basketcase, but they are most precious times. It's at those times we realize how blessed we are to be mommys!

    ReplyDelete